There are many points that people make when reviewing stairlifts that you ought to think about before buying one. These include issues that directly relate to your needs in a lift and can help you determine the right stairlift for your mobility needs. Reviews on brands and models can give you advanced insight into whether the chair really holds three-hundred pounds and if the unit really lasts decades before needing service!
Reviews from Elderly
There are many reviews on stairlifts from the elderly communities across the States. They include reviews that come from people who’ve grown weary of climbing stairs and just cannot do it anymore. Take a look at several things mentioned in reviews from elderly stairlift owners:
• The comfort of the chair is important. Older bodies are more sensitive.
• The ease of use of the chair is critical. Elderly folks understand some technologies but not all.
• The ease of getting in and out of the lift is crucial. Some chairs tilt forward and backward to assist in getting in and out.
Reviews from Handicapped
There are reviews that come in from handicapped folks who need help with getting up and down the stairs in their homes. These include people who may have illnesses that have prevented them from being able to walk and veterans with leg amputations. Handicapped people mentioned in reviews that:
• Strength and safety of the chair is important. The weight of physically fit adults is typically more than that of the elderly. Chairs with belt buckles are ideal for children and people with spastic muscular problems.
• A chair must work quickly within a short period of time. You should see if a review states how long it takes for the chair to go from the top to bottom and vice versa. Ascending your stairwell should be as natural as walking up!
• Handicapped reviews moreso than reviews from the elderly include requests and praise for models featuring control pads capable of reclining the body and positioning the chair up or down for ease of getting in or out of the chair.
Finding Reviews Online and Off
There are many places to go when looking for reviews on stairlifts. Some of these include:
• Websites that offer stairlifts for sale will often feature reviews. These include sites used by people who have ordered stairlifts and use them regularly.
• Some senior living or disabled living websites and publications may also provide reviews. These sites and publications can cover many facets of health and wellness for seniors but usually there are product reviews sections of major publications.
• Get reviews through independent stairlift dealers in your area or online. By consulting with a dealer directly you’ll be able to get testimonials.
Be sure to check on reviews for stairlifts when getting one for yourself or a loved one. There are tons of lifts that work both for the elderly and the disabled. Use these reviews to get ideas on what you should expect out of the lifts available in today’s market.